Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chilly morning...

Hey Folks, Greetings from Hillsboro, OR where the temps ranged from the high 20's to a balmy low 30's today. Welcome to winter on the Willamette West Habitat for Humanity (WWHH) construction site. :) At least it didn't r**n. Now y'all have to fill in other letters yourself as that's a word that no one is allowed to speak on site because sometimes, if someone even just thinks it, we all end up soaked. :(
The latest news on when the hole for the foundation will be dug for the 2013 Women Build, is it will happen around the end of February or the beginning of March. So until then, I'll be posting updates on the other homes currently under construction on our BraunerBrook site, along with a bit of info about WWHH. I hope you'll follow along until that terribly exciting day, when the backhoe rolls in to dig, marking the start of our build. Today we worked on projects including leveling the gravel for the upcoming cement pour on the driveways of houses 5 & 6. This involved a whole lot of shoveling gravel. Always a good time! :P In addition, we hung drywall in house 7, painted baseboard strips, and got cabinets unboxed and ready to hang in house 1.


Two years ago you could have never convinced me that I'd have so much anticipation for a hole in the ground. But honestly, now, I can hardly wait. Although I've managed to give my head a good crack numerous times, working under stairway landings and other low places, I have yet to fully lose consciousnesses. I've seen lots of stars and birdies however, and needed some serious doses of aspirin. That aside, I'm pretty sure it's not the explanation for my almost childlike 'I can't wait for Christmas morning' kind of anticipation to get started. I can only chock it up to something that's taken hold over me over that last year or so. Yep, it's true...I have Habi Fever. You can spot it when I'm roaming the tool isle at the hardware store with a gleam in my eye, looking at all the tools I'd like to add to my small collection. It would reveal itself as well, if you lifted the lid to the trunk of my car and spotted 4...count 'em...4 hammers 'cause I'm trying to find the one that will allow me to drive in a nail that won't bend on the last few swings. :) I hope hope to never a cure. That's all for now. So until next week, live your best life however big or small it may be! About WWHH: Who is Willamette West Habitat for Humanity? Willamette West Habitat for Humanity is your local Habitat for Humanity International affiliate, a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness around the world. We build homes with low-income people in need, primarily in Washington County and north Clackamas County. The homes are sold to those in need at no profit, using long-term, 0% interest mortgage loans. Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment