Wednesday, February 13, 2013

They gave from their hearts...


And blew me away once more with their generosity! Even with tomorrow's promise of more treats as part of their Valentine's celebrations, folks participated enthusiastically to support our Women Build home. Unbelievably too, even with the darn camera in my front pocket, I still forgot to get a pic before I made the all page that the bake sale had started. Got back to my cube and drat! So this shot is about 5 or so minutes into the sale.



Many, many thanks to this week's celebrity co-baker, Heather, not only for her famous jalapeƱo rolls, but also for her heart shaped chocolate chip cookies and snickerdoodle cookies. Which, by the way, she had never made before. Snickerdoodles that is (another fun word to say). I had one (ok two), and she hit it out of the park on her first try.

This time I tried two things I'd never made before. Red velvet cupcakes with almond cream cheese frosting and parmesan cheese scones. Both from scratch. My mom would've be proud. Our sale brought in an amazing $79.66 for Women Build! In the world of fundraising, never, never, ever, pooh-pooh a bake sale. Especially at Vernier Software & Technology. :)

The next bake sale will be in two weeks, where I'll have the pleasure of being joined by celebrity co-baker Cindy E!

No comments:

Post a Comment